As you are aware, based on the Cardinal's decision we had opened the Church for Masses with effect from 30th November 2020. In our Parish, we have two Masses, one in the morning and evening on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays every week.
We now have an experience of two weeks and based on this experience, we are making some changes in the process of registration for the Masses starting from Monday, 14th December 2020.
The revised procedure for registration for the Masses will be as follows:
1) We had started with Corner-wise registration for the Masses. Based on our experience we find that the seating capacity in the Church of 150 seats is not fully utilised in the Corner wise registration. We are therefore opening the Weekday Masses for all parishioners starting from Monday, 14th December 2020. Prior registration will now not be necessary for attending the Mass in the Church. All parishioners who attend Mass at the Church will be registered at the gate by the Welcome Ministry.
2) The Masses at the Church will be on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays every week. The morning Mass will be at 6.30 a.m. and the evening Mass will be at 7.00 p.m.
3) The seating in the Church will be on a first come first serve basis. The front seats will be occupied first in the Church. All those who arrive late will have to occupy the back seats, or the chairs outside the Church, if the seats in the Church are all occupied. The Welcome Ministry will make arrangements for seating outside the Church premises with adequate social distancing, whenever required.
4) Wearing of Mask, temperature check at the gate, hand sanitization, social distancing and other restrictions relating to touching/kissing of statues/frames e.t.c. will continue.
5) Senior Citizens above the age of 65 years, children below the age of 10 years, pregnant women, persons who are sick and persons with co-morbidities are advised not to attend the Mass at the Church.
6) No Parking of Vehicles will be allowed in the Church. For those physically challenged, the Welcome Ministry will allow the vehicles to drop the parishioners at the door of the Church and provide the necessary assistance.
7) Please follow the instructions of the ushers at all times as they are ensuring that all attending the Mass are safe and that we are in compliance with all guidelines.
We are thankful to all Parishioners, Corner Leaders, PPC Members, SCC Coordinators, Animators and the Welcome Ministry for the smooth functioning of the Church since its reopening. We look forward to a similar cooperation in future.
May God Bless You!
Father Francis Carvalho