Announcement for the Week:
1. Today we celebrate the World Day of Migrants and Refugees.
2. Online Bible quiz will be conducted today at 4.00 PM from 1st and 2nd Letter of Peter, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Letter of John and Letter of Jude.
3. On Monday 26th September 2022, the English Prayer Group is celebrating its 29th Anniversary. Fr Nelson Saldhana, Parish Priest of St Thomas Church will be the main celebrant.
4. On Thursday, 29th September, 2022, in preparation for the Novena of Our Lady of the Rosary, our Patroness, there will be Flag Hoisting after the 5.30 PM Tamil Mass.
Starting Friday, 30th September 2022 during the week days, Novena Masses will be in English at 6.30 AM and 7.00 PM, and in Tamil at 8.00 PM.
On Sunday, 09th October 2022 we celebrate our Parish Feast. Masses will be as usual except for the evening Mass which will be in Tamil, followed by procession.
Kindly note there will be no Prayer Meetings and First Friday Adorations during the Novena Period.
5. There will be Mass in Marathi on Sunday 2nd October 2022 at 10.15 a.m. in the School Basement.
6. Sunday, 2nd October 2022 will be celebrated as a Day of Thanksgiving.
7. The Bombay Catholic Sabha of Our Lady of the Rosary Unit along with the Civil Society Rights groups of Goregaon will be organizing a Peace March on Sunday, 2 October 2022 on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanthi. The march begins at 12.00 noon commencing from Link Road – M.G. Road Junction & ending at Ratna Hotel. We request our parishioners to join the Peace March in large numbers.
8. In celebration of the Parish Feast, there will be stalls in the Church Compound from 6th October to 9th October 2022 serving food and beverages. On 8th and 9th October, stalls will also have games, music and entertainment.
The objective of the stalls is a Parish Celebration of the Feast. Any surplus generated from the stalls will be used to support the Homebound.
All parishioners are invited to participate in the Parish Celebrations. Details on how you can support will be available with your Parish Councilors and Animators. Receipt will be issued from the Parish Office for all sponsorships in Cash/Cheques.
9. We will start accepting “Any Time Masses” in our Parish shortly. Any Time Mass as the name suggests does not have a specific date and time. The Mass will be offered by any priest privately for the intentions mentioned at the time of registration for the Any Time Mass.
We will be accepting Any Time Masses for the intentions of the parishioners at the stalls from 6th October 2022 onwards. Please note that a payment of Rs 50/- will be collected for each Mass and a receipt will be issued at the time of registration. For details please contact your Parish Councilor.
10. The Catholic Charismatic Renewal, Mumbai is celebrating their Golden Jubilee on October 22nd in Konkani, 23rd in English and 24th in Hindi, Marathi and Tamil. For tickets, kindly contact the help desk in the Church campus.
Rev. Fr Colman Carlos