30TH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR
Sunday Notices, 28th October 2018
PPC meeting will be held on Saturday, 3rd November after the evening Mass in the Parish Hall.
In continuation with our celebration of the Golden Jubilee, we would be praying the Rosary this evening after the 7.00 p.m. mass in the church compound. This will be followed by a game of housie and fellowship.
Domestic Workers will meet tomorrow / today after the evening Mass in the room next to the Parish Office.
Children will not have Sunday School from tomorrow / today till Sunday, 11th November.
English Prayer group is organizing a talk for Youth on “FEAR NOT, FOR I AM WITH YOU” by Bro. Patrick Corda from CCR on Monday, 29th October at 7.30 p.m. All are requested to attend, especially the Youth.
Mass intentions for All Souls Day will be accepted till Tuesday, 30th evening.
Friday, 2nd November is All Souls Day. Masses will be as follows:
6.30 a.m. in English
7.00 a.m. in Konkani
7.30 a.m. in English
07.00 p.m. in English
08.00 p.m. in Tamil
In addition, Fr. Francis will celebrate Mass in English at 7.00 a.m. at the Oshiwara Cemetery.
8. Friday, 2nd November is also First Friday of the month. Holy Half Hour in Tamil will be at 5.30 p.m. followed by Konkani at 6.00 p.m. and English at 6.30 p.m.
9. The First Holy Communicants will have intensive preparation for a week starting from Monday, 5th November to Saturday, 9th November from 9.00 a.m. till 12.00 noon. Attendance is compulsory.
10. Family Cell meeting will be on Saturday, 10th November after the evening Mass in the room next to the Parish Office.
11. Vacation Bible Joy for the children of KG to Std. IX will be held during the vacation from 12th to 17th November in the Church. Registration forms are available at the desk outside and Parish Office. Kindly register with payment of Rs 50 per child.
12. Two Charismatic Conventions have been planned in our Archdiocese: (1) In Marathi, which will be held at Our Lady of Nazareth Church, Bhayandar from Tuesday, 6th November to Thursday, 8th November. (2) In Konkani, this will be held at St. Joseph the Worker Church, Bandra (East) from Monday, 12th November to Wednesday, 14th November.
13. The proceeds from the sale of sarees amounted to Rs.9,350.00.
14. We thank all the parishioners for last Sunday’s offering of Rs.94,828.00. From this amount Rs.47,414.00 will be sent to Archbishop’s House as your contribution towards the Missions.
15. Donations and proceeds from the sale at the stalls put up by Sunday School teachers amounted to Rs.99,524.00. We thank all the parishioners for your support. This amount too will be sent to the Archbishop’s House for the Missions.
Rev. Dr. Francis Carvalho Parish Priest