2nd SUNDAY OF LENT Sunday Notices 17th March 2019
1. The Managing Committee meeting of Bombay Catholic Sabha will be held tomorrow / today at 11.30 a.m. in the room next to the Parish Office.
2. RSSK and Women Cell meeting will be held tomorrow / today after the evening Mass in the room next to the Parish Office.
3. The erection of new “Niches” for keeping the remains of our parishioners has been stopped by Bombay Municipal Corporation. In this respect, The Sabha unit of our parish has arranged a meeting with Municipal Councillors at “P” South Ward, S. V. Road on Tuesday, 19 th March at 10.00 a.m. Parishioners are requested to come in large numbers.
4. Way of the Cross in Tamil will be held on Thursday, 21 st March at 6.00 p.m. in the Church.
5. Way of the Cross in Konkani will be held on Friday, 22 nd March at 6.00 p.m. and in English after the evening Mass in the Church.
6. Walking Rosary will be held on Saturday, 23 rd March after the evening Mass. All are requested to join. It will be led by the Communities of Zone 4. After the rosary there will be a game of housie and refreshments on sale.
7. Meeting of Domestic Workers will be held on Sunday, 24 th March after the evening Mass in the room next to the Parish Office.
8. The Bombay Catholic Sabha in collaboration with Holy Spirit Hospital has organised a Blood Donation Camp on Sunday, 24 th March from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. Also, medical check up with concessional rates. Please register at the desk outside. Charges Rs.50.00 per person. For details please see the Sabha Notice Board.
9. Snehalaya Family Service Centre has organised Marriage Preparation Course for parents of the couples to be married in 2019 or married for 0 to 5 years. For Tamil speaking people this course will be held in our parish on 24 th March 2019. You can register at the Parish Office or with the Family Cell members sitting at the desk outside.
10. The All Mumbai Walking Pilgrimage to pray for peace will be held on Saturday, 23 rd March. It will begin at 10.30 p.m. from Cross Maidan and terminate with Eucharist at Mount Mary’s Basilica, Bandra.
11. Jericho Cross will be brought to our Parish from St. Joseph Church, Goregaon (East) on Monday, 25 th March at 11.00 a.m. It will remain in our Church for veneration till Tuesday, 26 th March 5.00 p.m. We urge parishioners to come and spend time in prayer.
12. We are grateful to a well-wisher who has donated 100 copies of “Joyful Celebration” hymn books. Fifty of these have been placed in the Church. We request parishioners to handle them with care and not to take them home.
Rev. Dr. Francis Carvalho Parish Priest